Description: The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential is the premier certification for professionals who analyze the business requirements and design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions based on the Microsoft Windows® 2000 platform and Microsoft server software.
Must complete a total of seven exams: five core and two elective.
A comprehensive and updated list of exams is available on Microsoft.com
. There are a number of exams that will fulfill the certification requirements so I have not attempted to list them here.
Costs: Exams cost approximately $125 each.
Recertification: Recertification is not required but as exams are retired or tracks are redesigned you must pass the replacement exam(s).
MCSE Security Requirements:
The security designation requires 8 total exams (or 7 exams with a Security+ certification from CompTia).
You will substitute exam 70-218 with the following two exams:
- 70-216, Implementing, Administering a Windows 2000 Network
- 70-217, Implementing, Administering Windows 2000 Directory Services
In place of electives, you must pass three exams related to the security specialization:
- 70-214, Implementing Windows 2000 Security
- 70-220, Designing Windows 2000 Security
- 70-227, ISA Server 2000 or CompTIA's Security+