Description: This advanced security certification is offered by ICS(2) and is designed for network and security administrators. The SSCP focuses on a Common Body of Knowlege (CBK) which is based on the following seven test domains:
- Access Controls
- Audit and Monitoring
- Risk, Response and Recovery
- Data Communications
- Malicious Code/Malware
- Must subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics.
- Must have at least 1 year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven test domains (CBK) in information systems [IS] security.
- Must pass the SSCP certification exam.
- The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions. Candidates have up to 3 hours to complete the examination.
- The seven test domains defined in the CBK are covered.
Costs: The exam costs $295. The penalty for late registration or rescheduling is $100.
Recertification: Recertification is required every 3 years and is obtained by earning 60 continuing professional education [CPE] credits. There is also an annual maintenance fee of $65 per year.