Study for Your Certification Exams
By Tim Pierce
Certification Prep Options
From books to online tests to bootcamps, there are a lot of ways to approach that certification test. We'll help you sort out your options.
- How to Choose a Certification Study Course
- Should You Attend a Certification Bootcamp?
- How to Study for a Certification Exam
- Cut the Cost of Certification
- Slaying the Certification Dragon
There are several types of practice tests out there. Many sites, like this one, host a small number of free questions to help you test your readiness for an exam. Other sites will sell you a large bank of practice questions, along with study guides or detailed descriptions with each question. Prices start at $30 and go up into the hundreds. You can also purchase online practice tests and training, which will also range in price depending on features and support options.
- Free Practice Tests on About.com
- List of Software & Online Practice Tests
- Top 7 Software-Based Training Tools
- A Practice Tests
Certification Study Books
Books are often the least expensive and simplest way to study for your exams. If you already have some knowledge of your subject, they are a great way to prepare. Most certification books come with practice questions on CD and other helpful study tools.